Saturday 13 April 2013

Cold War

Cold War was a great episode.

I am going to title each part so if you are only interested in my views of a part of an episode then you skip to it.

Issues

1
Why did they reveal how the Ice Warrior looks like underneath? It doesn't look like an ice warrior and it's now in the Whoniverse.

2
Why the TARDIS left wasn't really a good enough explanation.

3
Horrible episode to try holding in needing to go to the toilet.

Ice Warriors

The Ice Warrior, from the outside, looked amazing. It wasn't like the Silurian return and they looked nothing like the original. The Ice Warrior reminded me of the original and it looked good. I came in on 9th so I know that the Ice Warriors exists and how they look like but not much else. It was good how they explained the Ice Warriors for the modern fans and didn't treat it like we're idiots. Which is always good.

Characters

Clara

Clara was actually really good in this. But it seemed like she needed the Doctor to tell her she did well.
Clara seemed like a relatable character and I would feel a bit guilty.

The Doctor 

The Doctor was good as usual and didn't do anything out of character. I can't really say much about his character in this episode.

The Professor

The Professor was a kind guy but he was quite unexplained. Good acting by whoever played him.

Random Thoughts

. I love how in the first ten seconds the Ice Warrior is owning everybody.

. Hilarious when the Doctor isn't in Las Vages

. The second guy who got killed seemed nice.

. Really sad when that nice guy died.

Conclusion

A fast pace, brilliant episode. It was a shame how they changed the inside of the Ice Warriors. I think this episode was really good and I would watch it again.
I am going to give this episode 8/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment