Saturday 20 April 2013

Hide

Hide was a bit meh. It seemed just like the Rings of Akhaten written also by Neil Cross. The ending felt rushed and confusing but it made more sense than the Rings of Akhaten. I liked how they straight into the action. But there were so many What! moments like the TARDIS talking to Clara.

Hang on there was an entire episode devoted to how that could never happen. The TARDIS even said I so don't try and tell me it wasn't. Why did the Doctor ask if the TARDIS said something mean to Clara? Has this guy seen Doctor Who? Neil Cross have you killed one of the best episodes of Doctor Who?

Neil: Yes I have as I want people to hate me hahahahahahaha.

Me: Go away.

Anyway where was I? Oh yes it also such a shame how they wasted the great visual. Like the things from the Rings of Akhaten and the Beast Below. Seriously it looked great but it was wasted. It did what they did in the Rings of Akhaten. Here is the scary monster but here is the even scarier monster. Except both times the even scarier monster looked stupid. The Doctor points out what type of story it is and then suddenly says oh no it's a love story. The episode didn't make sense. How come the TARDIS doesn't get destroyed when it goes into the other universe? Why are they talking about the gateway closing after an amount time when they're in a time machine? How did the woman write help on the wall if she's in the woods? Why am I knit picking? How could she communicate with the other 1974 woman? Why was it so rushed? Why where there no Ghostbusters references?

I think Emma should have died. Not in a mean way but it would of added so much more to the episode.
It just would maybe add the love story part I don't know just a random thought. I liked parts in the episode but on second viewings made no sense.

Anyway let's talk about the characters. They were all really forgettable I can't remember anybody's name. The relationship between the 1974 Call the Midwife woman and Alec I think he was called was plain and at the end forced. It was so obvious they would end up together. The other woman we knew nothing about and there weren't any clues to how we found out about her. Each character seems to be fine with the Doctor. Each character seems plain and simple. Yet I want to find out about each character only because it's annoying how poorly explained it was.

I think the first half was good with little dialog but I still understood what was going on. I found the second half meh and killed the mystery. I think this episode deserves a 4/10. This was identical to the Rings of Akhaten in the bad way. It will probably be another fan splitter. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment